Getting married is an exciting milestone in a couple’s lives but taking care of all the important details can be very stressful. In addition to ensuring your wedding day is the perfect reflection of your love, it’s also a balance between your personal style and your budget. Today, more than ever, there’s also the pressure to host an Instagram-worthy wedding – when combined, it can result in very stressful planning!
Whether you’re recently engaged (and still caught up in the reverie of the Big Moment) or you’re just starting to navigate the wedding planning process, Ivory Heart is here to help. Having styled many weddings around Melbourne, we know a thing (or ten) about the wedding planning process.
Want a stress-free celebration? Here are our top 10 wedding planning tips:
- Get married off-season: Did you know that you can save a ton of money by getting married in the off-peak season? For Melbourne brides, this means opting to get married in May, June or July.
- Sort your guestlist first: Having an idea of the approximate number of guests you’re inviting means you won’t waste time looking at venues that can’t accommodate your needs.
- Choose your venue next: There’s nothing worse than having your heart set on a specific date and venue only to have it already taken by another couple. Get in early to secure your venue, so you can focus on the next important tasks.
- Have a budget in mind: Sit down with your partner and create a list of non-negotiables (such as food, decorations, and photographer) and negotiables (such as the wedding date or entertainment.) Then, put a maximum dollar amount next to your list items to stay on track.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help: Whether it’s a professional wedding stylist or your bridesmaids, asking for help is one of the best ways to take the pressure off you on your day.
- Lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage: Once you’ve selected your celebrant or minister, fill out the NOIM form. You can do this up to 18 months before your wedding.
- Hire your event décor: We can’t stress this enough. Hiring your event décor means you’ll have access to the best-quality products of the season. Furthermore, you’ll save on costs as you won’t need to buy a prop outright and you won’t need to find a place to store all your furniture after the wedding!
- Meet your key vendors in person: Whether it’s your florist, photographer or event hire personnel, it’s important that you’re all on the same page when it comes to your style and budget. One of the best ways to do this is to meet in person to gauge their vibe and ensure you’re on the same wavelength.
- Don’t expect your wedding to look like a Pinterest board: If you’re getting your inspo from a celebrity wedding, keep in mind that they have endless amounts of money and status. Don’t take it to heart when things don’t turn out how you visualised them to be. As long as your personal styles are incorporated in the elements, your wedding will be just as beautiful and memorable.
- Remember, it’s all about the love: If in doubt or feeling overwhelmed, bring it back full circle and remember that you’re marrying the love of your life, and that’s all that really matters.
Stunning wedding décor hire for Melbourne couples
Feeling stressed? We understand, which is why we are doing our part to make the décor hiring process so simple. At Ivory Heart, we don’t change our fees to suit the season – so, you’ll always have the best price when it comes to hiring our products. From table centrepieces to plinths, backdrops and more, shop our collection of wedding and event décor hire and enjoy having the latest on-trend pieces on your Big Day.
Visit us in our Melbourne showroom for styling advice or browse our range of Hire Items or Hire Packages now.