While all eyes will undoubtedly be on you on your big day, it’s often the little extra details that can help make the day memorable for your guests, too. As you’ll be spending most of the day at your reception, it’s just as important to put some thought into how you’ll decorate your chosen venue.
Eye-catching centrepieces are just one of those little touches that can make a huge impact to your space. And while we’re self-confessed flower addicts, we do think variety is the spice of life – and your centrepieces should reflect your personality and taste as a couple, as well as suit the vibe of your venue.
Dare to be different: 7 unique wedding centrepieces
When it comes to choosing your wedding centrepieces, there really is only one rule: do keep in mind that if your affair is modern and classic, your venue may not suit vintage-inspired detailing. But this doesn’t mean you can’t experiment with different colours and styles to find that perfect balance between what suits your space and what matches your personal style.
With favourites such as flowers, candelabras and crystal vases still dominating the tabletops, we can’t resist these 7 unique wedding centrepieces:
- TEAPOTS: Unconventional? Sure. But they’re also charming in their own way. You can add a pretty posy at the opening, but we like the idea of adding a few non-floral elements to your centrepieces. Think fluffy cotton sprigs, wheat, and our favourite – pampas grass.
- SUCCULENTS: Hosting an outdoor or rustic boho wedding? Planted succulents can add an extra something to your tablescape. Bonus: they can be your guests’ bonbonniere to take home as a cute reminder of celebrating your day.
- MIX AND MATCH: If you’re using long tables at your wedding, consider using an array of centrepieces at varying heights. Low, square vases filled with luxe artificial flowers separated by crystal tower centrepieces finish this on-trend look.
- FRUITS: This is best suited to a destination wedding, like on the southern coast of Italy. But if you’re getting married in Melbourne, there’s no reason why you can’t incorporate a bit of European styling into your décor. We think lemons placed inside RUBIX cubes is such a novel – and refreshing – idea.
- TOWERS: Create depth and dimension to your tables with luxe stands. With a mirror base and top plate, you can decorate with luxe silk flowers or tealight candles. Best of all, tower centrepieces are super functional and won’t block dinner-table chat due to their height.
- BOOKS: Seasoned vintage novels can add an extra something to your tablescape. This one is perfect for book lovers. You can stack your favourite titles or go for bound collectibles of classics.
- LANTERNS: Beachside wedding? We love the idea of glass lanterns placed at the centre of the tables. Add a tealight candle inside for a whimsical effect.
Stunning centrepieces for hire in Melbourne
Where else but at Ivory Heart will you find high quality, gorgeous centrepieces at competitive prices in Melbourne? If you need assistance or advice in executing your dream wedding, we can help. It would be our pleasure to work with you to go above and beyond in ensuring your wedding is everything you’ve dreamt of – and more.
We invite you to visit us in our Melbourne showroom where you can see our hire items up close. Alternatively, you can browse our products online and make an enquiry. Let’s work together to create the perfect event with style and passion.